Culvers Night!

Culvers Night!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday. Our last day in Verrettes.

This trip has truly been an inspirational one. This week has opened not only my eyes but so many others as well. We are all truly blessed to have experienced this in our own unique and special way. For me it's been getting away from the everyday life. No worries, no complications, and no hassle. A care-free week for me to learn from and help others.  The friends and bonds we have made between the Haitians  and our fellow team members will never be broken or forgotten. Today we helped Tom some more with his house, well others did, I mostly like to play with his little boy Ryan while observe too! We took a break for lunch and took some time in the hot sun to play with some of the local kids and teens in the streets. We had fun jump roping, coloring, learning creole, playing frisbee, soccer, and volleyball. All those laughs and smiling faces just really make you feel good inside. After that we headed up the mountains to play and do some crafts with the people of Terre Rouge.  As we shared a good time with them, many laughs, and a lot of singing we ended our day pretty tired out. I look forward to tomorrow visiting mother Teresa's Home for Malnourished Babies and spending our last day in wonderful Haiti.  It has been a spring break that I not only needed but truly enjoyed and found God in so many ways. These people have a joy I can't explain and it has touched me and put a smile on my face and our group's faces that won't be erased.

Love, Bekah

No comments: