Culvers Night!

Culvers Night!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hi. This is Daniel. I am blogging today from Verrettes, Haiti. It is approximately 9:36 here. We just got finished with a battle with a tarantula that was bigger than Chases face. Brock ended up heroically dualing against the gigantic spider after Bill succesfully captured it under a bowl. He lept in front of it, smacking it with a broom, stopping it from harming the rest of the group who were standing by screaming loudly. Brock struck the tarantula with such force that the broom collapsed in his hands. We can now sleep in peace... or can we?
Daniel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's crazey!! Wish I could have seen it. Any pics?
Miss and love you guys!!
Dad (Jeff)

Aunt Dawn said...

Oh, that's scary...Christy and I are afraid of penny sized spiders! Don't think I would have slept much after that. I'll write that on my kitchen window so I can pray the softball size spiders stay away. The girls are fortunate to have you strong, courageous boys there to handle these situations. Did you terminate it or scoot it outside with the broom?
Take care. Love ya, Aunt Dawn

Anonymous said...

The sting of the tarantulas in Haiti is similar to a bee sting. I've been stung before.

Sorry they did not get rid of the spiders prior to the group arriving.

Tom

Bonnie said...

Way to go Brock. We miss you all and can't wait to see pictures. We are so proud of everyone.
Love
Bonnie

Bekah said...

Thats sick, thats all i can say! ewwww
-Bekah