Culvers Night!

Culvers Night!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Never Give Up!

From my devotional reading this morning: "...It is often true that we do not persist in doing what we have begun, inwardly or outwardly." 

How does this relate to our mission at Hands for Haiti?  Sometimes I find that there are so many things I would like to help with, I get overwhelmed.  I need to constantly remind myself that a few COMPLETED projects are better than a lot of unfinished projects.  It's the same with my own life.  I need to focus on changing one thing at a time.  If I try too many at one time, I get discouraged that I have not accomplished anything. 

The Haitians have this mastered, I think.  They focus on their basic necessities first - LOVING, LIVING, GIVING - then they worry about the rest.  And why should I be surprised at this? God has been using the poor to teach us how to live for Him from the moment He gave us His Son!!  I am privileged to be among amazing people every time I am in Haiti!! 

God bless your day today!! 

~ Debbi

No comments: