Culvers Night!

Culvers Night!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Planning Meeting with Tom from FIAI


Last week Thursday I had a meeting with Tom from Faith in Action International in Haiti. I got to meet his wife and 8 month old son for the first time. They are both beautiful! They were very excited to see my pictures and video from our trip because they were not able to be there when Jake and I were there.
Tom and I were able to discuss plans for another trip. I am very excited to be taking a group down to Haiti in the end of June. We will be building a house to be rented to a refugee family that needs help getting back on their feet. We also discussed long term plans. So many people have showed an interest in going to Haiti to help give the people there a chance for a better life. By coming up with this long term plan, we will be able to do just this. This is so exciting!!! Our immediate plans are to build a home this June and one also in November. We can take 10 people in June and hopefully 15 in November. I am hoping that we can send 4 groups next year and grow from there. I already have 5 people confirmed for the June trip. If you are interested in going on a trip, please let me know. Please keep checking the blog for more information to come. I will post the details as I get them. This first group trip in June will be our pilot mission. After this one, we should have a better idea of what we need to plan for. Please consider keeping us on your charitable donation list and as always, please keep us in your prayers.

Tentative Home Building Mission Itinerary:
Day 1 – Wednesday travel! Stay night in Port au Prince
Day 2 – Thursday am - Mother Theresa’s Home for Malnourished Babies
Thursday pm – drive to Verrettes where we will be staying and working
Day 3 – Friday work on house
Day 4 – Saturday work on house
Day 5 – Sunday Church and Children’s Tree Nursery
Day 6 – Monday work on house
Day 7 – Tuesday Hike into mountains
Day 8 – Wednesday Travel home

No comments: